- Bringing forth another hard-hitting concept, COLORS’ upcoming show Molkki outlines a prevalent custom in Haryana. Wherein due to the skewed sex ratio, ‘Dulhan’ is bought by people in exchange for money
- Molkki is the story of a 18-year-old Purvi, who hails from a small village in Uttar Pradesh. As a part of the bride buying custom, without her knowledge she is married off to a widower twice her age, Virender, a middle-aged man who owns vast lands and is the Sarpanch of the village
- The show will see newbie television actor Priyal Mahajan play the leading role as Purvi and Amar Upadhyay will play Virender
- • Purvi, played by Payal Mahajan, is a responsible girl who has a heart of gold and fights all her battles with dignity
- • While it’s the custom that binds them together, is it possible for a relationship born out of a transaction to blossom into love?
- Commenting on this, Priyal Mahajan as Purvi said, “The character I am playing ‘Purvi’ helps me explore the harsh realities of the real world which we have never been exposed to, because god’s been kind. I hope people connect to this character and change happens for the betterment. The main reason why I have picked up this character is that it challenges my set of skills as an actor, as there are no similarities between our lives. I was born and brought up in Delhi hence the word Molkki was alien to me. Going through the whole research and hearing the unheard sounds of life it’s already been a beautiful experience in it’s own way. Yes, being an uptown girl playing a character that was born and brought up in rural areas requires a lot of research, study, and understanding of their way of their culture.”
Molkki to be aired on COLORS soon